A Luxury Time on a Dime – My Instagrammable Day at the Grand Canal Shoppes

Those of you that follow my Instagram feed know how much I love spending time at Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas. There are just so many quality stores, tons of dining options to eat and all kinds of unique entertainment options as well.

Recently, my hubby challenged me by asking if I could enjoy a low-cost day without any gambling or extravagant meals. I know that I can skip the gambling, and the shopping I can avoid usually (after all, there is always online shopping. lol).

I remember my 1st time coming to Las Vegas around 2003. Vegas was coming out of one of the many rebranding phases the city has seen over the years. The city was leaving behind the familyfriendly attempt and  The Venetian was one of several new mega resorts that was built during  that time. As part of the hotel, Grand Canal Shoppes boasted an amazing 160 signature stores with dozens of luxury brands & more than a dozen world class and awardwinning dining venues.

In 2008, the Palazzo was completed as well as an expansion of The Shoppes, which brought the luxury wing that houses brands like Jimmy Choo, Salvatore Ferragamo, Montblanc and the first Tory Burch in Las Vegas. Since then, The Shoppes has added exciting and unique experiences such as Atomic Saloon Show, KAMU Ultra Karaoke and The X Pot. The Shoppes gets better every year!

The Grand Canal itself spreads over a quarter mile through the center of The Shoppes with the amazing Gondola ride being a magnet draw for tourist in itself, with millions of locals and tourists from around the world enjoying the replica of the infamous boats from the Grand Canal of Venice in Italy which have been in operation a little longer than our Vegas version (Since 1674... lol).

STREETMOSPHERE

One of the complimentary attractions found at The Shoppes that I enjoy is called Streetmosphere. Although there has been entertainment in the streets of The Shoppes since they opened, The Shoppes temporarily paused the atmosphere ambiance during the Coronavirus shut downs but now have brought back the complimentary ambient performances just in time for spring. Inspired by the Renaissance period, the Streetmosphere cast has been reimagined and now blends modern fashion designs with Renaissance inspired fashion. The music mixes contemporary rhythms with traditional Italian sounds. The talented cast of local musicians bring a Pop Opera style sound that reimagines pop favorites that allows the performers to tell an operatic style story. The blending of styles is really cool and a unique experience.

To be sure that guests get the best entertainment experience yet are still safe, some performance areas have designated seating which are designed for proper social distancing, and allow for a full immersive experience that is like no other. During our visit, we enjoyed a group that blended what sounded like Jazz style music as people walked by. With entertainment still limited in Las Vegas, it is nice to see professional performers back doing what they do so well. The best part is that it is free and part of the experience.

The Streetmosphere experience is available throughout the day every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The second phase of the Streetmosphere return will continue throughout the year, dependent on compliance with government restrictions, and will look to introduce a larger cast and additional performances. I can’t wait to experience a full performance in the near future with singers and dancers all around me while I enjoy a coffee, a gelato or maybe a bruschetta @Mercatovegas.

THE WISHING TREE

As we strolled through Grand Canal Shoppes, I was excited to share with the hubby the beauty that is The Wishing Tree. The Wishing Tree now offers an all new augmented reality experience that allows you to upload your wish to the Wishing Tree via your smartphone by scanning a QR code on the sign nearby. The tree is intended to inspire hope and good fortune for the entire year of 2021. I am sure you all will agree that we can use more of these good vibes now. The hubby and I made our own wishes. Now, maybe it is time for you to check them out and make your own wish.

If you are not into the AR aspect or making wishes, then you can just awe in the beautiful splendor that is the tree. The entire display is just impressive. The art exhibit was commissioned exclusively for The Shoppes and stands 20 feet tall. The tree is the centerpiece to the recently renovated 375,000 square foot retail space that resembles an Italian garden. The tree is modeled to resemble an olive tree which is commonly found in Venice, Italy.

The tree is adorned with more than 3,700 hand installed brass leaves that were individually computer designed and then 3D printed, and is complete with an array of colors and glass bird sculptures that nest in the tree. You can find this beautiful and inspiring exhibit in the Palazzo Tower next to the Palazzo Casino.

VESPA’S 75TH ANNIVERSARY

My last stop with my hubby to complete my complimentary and still Instagrammable day was an area that provided me with such a great photo, as it does daily for the literal line of people waiting to get their own shot. Located next to Jimmy Choo, you will find the wall filled with the iconic yellow sunflowers, which makes for an amazing IG moment. Of course, you know how much I love those.

Vespa Love Couple _ Photo credit: Grand Canal Shoppes

In honor of Vespa’s 75th Anniversary, The Shoppes decided to celebrate in a special way, and on select weekends throughout the summer this display will come to life. On these special weekends, the already beautifully adorned Sunflower wall will come to life with the live appearance of the Authentic Red Vespa and the beloved “Vespa Love Couple” Vespacho and Vespalina who will offer guests their famed Italian-inspired “love advice” plus surprise and delight branded gifts.

These offers will be available from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on the following dates:

• Memorial Day Weekend: May 27 – 31
  • National Vespa Day: Wednesday, June 30
  • Fourth of July Weekend: July 1 – 4
  • Labor Day Weekend: September 3 – 6

So, are you wondering if I kept my word? Did I meet my hubbys goal to enjoy luxury on a dime? I certainly think I did great. We enjoyed some music, a beautiful stroll through the cobblestone streets, and watched the gondolas float buy. We enjoyed a few zen moments contemplating our wishes at the Wishing Tree and had fun with the  Sunflower wall for a cute IG pic.

We even spent a few minutes chilling and enjoying the beautiful view of the canals and Venice architecture while we enjoyed a drink and a macaroon or two.  I am proud to say that this was the only time I spent any money on this complimentary day with my hubby.

I would encourage you to check out the amazing things you can find at Grand Canal Shoppes, and keep in mind that there is so much to do that won’t cost you a dime. You can really enjoy luxury time on a dime (or less!)

Comment below and tell me how you enjoy luxury without breaking the bank. You will find all the links to the details about these complimentary experiences in my IG bio. Be sure to check it out and see my IG stories about the fun time we had. You can even get details about how to find the secret spot in my Instagram stories.

See you online loves!

80 comments

1. Teresa Cadorniga says:

Wow!!! I wish I can go back there @thegrandcanalshoppes. I miss that place! Avid fan here of awmyposh.com

2. Donnah says:

I miss going there! There is always something to do there and I love the shops! Thanks for sharing this babe!

3. Maribel Cabunoc says:

A year 2018 pumunta kami diyan ng youngest daugther ko and sobrang na amaze ako sa ganda ng view nya para kna rin nasa ibang bansa,, sana makabalik ako diyan with my Family together… at sana mawala na itong pandemic so we can spend more time together at makapasyal manlang kami ng Family ko,

4. Owen ponce says:

I saw it you feature it on IG,love all the wonderful things ❤️ it’s amazing,an exclusive glimpse of these makes me wonder

5. Bessie Ramos says:

The place is so beautiful 😍 ganda mamamasyal instagrammable tlga . Yung sunflower wall . Sana soon makarating din ako dyan

6. Rose Ann Obejas says:

The place. was so perfect 😍 ang ganda at siguradong mag eenjoy ka.Nakikita ko sa mga posts mo Ms.Anne lahat instagramable but ito ang pinaka best na place for me. Ang daming spot na maganda.Kaya isa talaga ito sa dream ko na makarating jan. Have a great day Ms. Anne 💕

7. Angela Balmes says:

Wow!! Super nice place. Last year planning to go there but Covid happened. Hope to visit the place soon. At experience the ambiance there. Thanks for sharing!!!

8. Glece says:

So happy kahit sa didto nalang muna na naka visit din ako, ang ganda, gope someday makavisit din ako personally, thank you for sharing😍😍😍

9. shala Vidad says:

Habang nagbabasa po ako enjoy na enjoy ako nagbabasa dahil parang nasa las vegas narin po ako hehe. Super nice at nakakawow po ng mga attractions dyan sa grand canal shoppes 🤩🤩
    Ang saya pumasyal dyan napakaganda po ng lugar 😍😍 thankyou for sharing po naenjoy ko po talaga basahin 🤩🤩

10. Dona De Paz says:

Wow! Napakaganda nman jan. Hoping soon makapunta din jan ang daming beautiful spot na mag-eenjoy ka talaga. 😍

11. Karen Joy Daban says:

Such A great Place to visit..Thanks for sharing your experience..Hope I can do mine too.Have A Nice Day

12. Trina Ollidutse says:

Ang nice naman po diyan sarap mamasyal.. Nakakamiss na rin mamasyal for sure pag diyan kami mamasyal ng family ko mage enjoy sila lalo na ang mga kids ganda kasi ng place.. Miss na rin gumala ng mga kids ko tagal na rin na stock sa house dahil sa pandemic. Kapag ako nandiyan ang una kong puntahan ay yung wishing tree at mag wish ako naway gumaling na ang may sakit at makabalik na sa normal ang mundo at makapamuhay na tayo gaya ng dati at next ay yung sa sunflower mahilig din kasi ako mag selfie pang instagram he he..

13. Ana Mey Silao says:

So Exciting to go there, One of my Dreams is to go In the Wishing three.. sobrang Pamper talaga to para sa mga mommies.

14. Maryjane Awayan says:

Keep safe po maam.ang ganda po ng mga lugar .thank you for sharing at least nakita namin because of you

15. Marie Fe Castillo says:

I was fascinated by the beauty of the place. I hope i can go there too, maybe when the time comes. Hopefully soon.

16. Geraldine Estimo says:

Sana pag dating ng okay na ang lahat at peede na mamasyal… sana makapunta ako jan..mukhang maganda..grand canal

17. Jestee says:

Nice read! So many sights to see and it’s always a nice stroll at the Grand Canal. Suprisingly, I’ve been there multiple times and yet I’ve never seen the Wishing Tree 🤦🏻‍♀️ Will definitely check it out when I’m back.

18. Marichu Galos says:

Very wonderful place.. Add to bucket list! Someday and God’s Perfect Time, One of these days I Will going in that so beautiful Places.. I Promise That I will take many picture of mine and make some memorable moments.. Thank you for sharing This wonderful #GrandCanalShoppes At Las Vegas..

19. Mervy Ang says:

Wow heaven’s feel!! I love the ambiance and it’s everyone dreams to get there. How I wish too!! 😘😘😘🤗🤗🤗

20. Mary Joy Orbeta says:

Minsan talaga masarap din mag unwind to lessen the stress. Our life is just one, so lets face it with positivity and goodvibes. Kahit na sa ngayon na may crisis tayong kinakaharap. Keep safe lang po always

21. Rojean mae lamsin says:

Ang ganda naman dyan sobra. Sana one day makapunta din kami dyan with fam. Hopes this pandemic would end para maka travel travel na. Ang daming magagandang place na nakakamiss I visit.

22. arlene obien says:

the place was so beautiful love to visit this place soon and experience the beauty of this place.for sure its going to be fun and exciting

23. Xia Nadine says:

Enjoy life po! Sana matapos na ang pandemic na toh para malaya na uli makalabas kasama ang pamilya sa mall or park.

• Rebecca Garcia says:

I really like this place. The place was so beautiful and wonderful😍and I know that everyone who visits that place will be delighted.

24. Ching says:

I love this place. It’s so much fun just strolling around taking photos…although I’d like to experience the gondola ride one day!

25. Angelyn Naola says:

I miss those memory na kasama mu pamilya mu magpunta sa ganyan . I hope matapos na tong pandemic para back to normal na ulit. Ung kahit anong araw pwd kau pumunta dito with ur kids 😊

26. Winnie L. Cruz says:

Hi po advanced happy mothers day po sayo.. Sobrang ganda nang lugar nyo po tapos may kumakanta pa pong banda sarap mag sing love ko po kasi kumanta sarap mangarap na makapunta sa ibang bansa tapos dyan po pupunta sa grand canal lalo na siguro ang mama ko hinde ko napo sya naipapasyal, pero napupuntahan panaman po sa bahay iba parin ung lalabas po tayo na makahabilo nang ibang tao ung hinde po tayo matatakot madikitan mag ka virus lagi kong pinagdarasal na maging okey napo dito sa pinas sobrang miss napo nang anak ko ang mamasyal lalo sa may circle po kung saan may slide at duyan sana po makapasyal po kayo dito samin sa pilipinas maam beautiful have a nice day po ang haba napo nang nasabi ko 😍❤️

27. Lea Diana Anos says:

Nice Place, this is the place that I wanted. I want to visit that place soon if the world is free in COVID. Me and my family surely visit this wonderful place thank you for sharing this Content. Very beautiful place… Your photo is very beautiful with the Beautiful background. Love it❤️

28. Gladys Gabriel says:

It was indeed a lovely place to visit and i hope one day i could be there to with my children.Thank you for sharing.Worth reading you blog😊.

29. Hazel Mary Ruiz says:

It’s so amazing! 😍 How I wish I can easily visit there too. It’s a way too far but praying someday me and my family would all go there too! 💜 I just love the scenery.

30. Hazel Mary Ruiz says:

Can’t wait to visit there! 😍 For the meantime hanggang local scenery lang muna tayo in BGC Taguig. They also have this kind of Grand Canal Replica. 💜

31. Angelica Jalandoni says:

Hindi man maka pasyal dyan thank you for sharing padin po mam. So nice and beautiful place to relax. Keep safe always po♥️

32. Cheng Broquiza says:

Wow I super love and like the place. The grand canal shoppes. Super amazing😍 Ang gaganda po Lahat ng pinupuntahan niong Place Miss Anne. Thank you sa pagtour smain lagi. I love watching your Vlogs in Youtube. Keep it up.Godbless and staysagr Miss Anne😍

33. Adelfa Arcede says:

Such a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing your unforgettable experience. Gusto ko rin tuloy pumunta dyan at magenjoy hindi kailangang maging magastos sa pagpunta sa magagandang lugar, mag explore lang at maraming magagandang place na pwede nating maenjoy.

34. cienna says:

one of my dream place na mapuntahan. 😊😊 super mag eenjoy ang family once n nkpunta kamu jan. Praying na mawala na si covid para makalabas na at nakapunta sa place na yan kasama ang mga bata. 😊

35. Criselda Benin says:

So instagrammable po yung place na nyan Ms. Anne 😍 nakita ko po sa instagram mo beautiful place💓 someday po makapunta ko dyan with family💓

36. mitch lao says:

What a beautiful place indeed! 😍 very instagrammable 😍 hoping that someday we can visit there soon. For noe, pang Macau and Bgc muna ang peg nmin 😂🤣